Thursday, July 3, 2008

All the possibility and promise just weighs on me so heavily

I don't feel like I fit in with the mindset of most of my friends. And I guess by most of my friends, I really mean my guy friends. For example, most of my guy friends really just want to have fun, party, play videogames and do their own thing. I know I used to be that way, especially back in my WoW addict days, but it just seems so unappealing now.

Instead, I find myself more interested in acting almost like a married person. Intense, I know. For example, today I went out with one of my best female friends to look for a dress for a wedding she's going to and on top of that hitting up JOANNE'S FABRICS, of all places, for some sewing supplies. I had a legitimately awesome time and that just makes me realize how far out of sync I am with the other people I spend my time with.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my WoW (and my currently lvl 65 warrior...woot!) and doing "guy" things from time to time, but more than ever I realize that I've kind of moved on from those things being a priority and am ready for something a little more substantial. I remember talking about possibly getting married just two years ago to the person I was dating at the time and it honestly scared the heck out of me. In fact, I'm sure some of the more selfish and mean decisions I made during that time were just me going into survival mode and trying to escape a relationship that demanded more of me. Now I'm just dying for whatever "more" is.

No comments: