Monday, September 28, 2009

"You were so pretty in the days you spoke your mind"

What a perfect Sunday; and a wonderful way to start a new week. Broncos improve to 3-0 with the win over Oakland and the Rockies keep the Cardinals at bay to win the series and move just a little bit closer to the playoffs. Also, I had this great win last night in an online game of MLB The Show 09 against some guy who was pretty pissed when I came from behind in the bottom of the 9th and ended the game with a walk-off ball to the gap :) Every day that passes brings me and Natalie one day closer to Third Eye Blind! Lyrics!

"Water Landing" -3eb

When will I start to learn?
I'm bleeding in this game
'Cause she uses boys like bandages
But the wounds remain the same
And I hope you find it through this endless wandering
I'm missing you for so long
You're a question mark and a scar
And you twist me up like a tourniquet
'Til I don't know who we are
I know chasing after you won't change a thing
And I hope you find it through this endless wandering
Change everything I know
She won't let me come. And she won't let me go

Let me come inside.
Inside.

I was late and my face was wet
Tow up in a private jet
Spiraling down with a cigarette
Where we going now? 'Cause I forget
And I gotta get it all, but it takes a toll
But if it gets so high will it grow a soul?
Dark side giving me such a pull, such a pull
And if it's a water landing, then it's a water landing

Put on your life vest only if told to do so
Well I'm telling you now, strap it across your chest
Prepare yourself for impending death
You and me are nose-diving at the speed of whiplash
Life flashes by in an endless plane crash
A muffled "I love you" through an oxygen mask on my face
Brace. Brace.
In the cabin you're etched with religious conversions
God's sick joke as we lose the engines
Some people scream, some keep low and gracious
And the reason's the same, 'cause the sky outside is so spacious
It's so spacious

So if it's a water landing, then it's a water landing
And it's coming inside.
Inside.


No comments: