Thursday, July 23, 2009

Broadband brings wave of change to East Africa; one Warcraft player thrilled.

This just made my day. I noticed an article on the BBC website talking about broadband internet arriving this month for the first time ever in East Africa. I started reading the comments (from mostly African posters) and found a number of enthusiastic responses on how this was going to change commerce, education and communication for a large number of Africans. I tried to imagine what it would be like not having the access to the web that we are so used to and then I came across this comment somewhere near the bottom:
Maybe I'll finally be able to PvP as a normal human being in world of warcraft. Its really not fun trying to interrupt a 1.5 second heal with 1.49 seconds delay.
Nick, Middelburg, South Africa

No comments: