Thursday, March 5, 2009

Despondent, distracted; you're vicious and romantic

Tomorrow is going to be my last day at Austin East HS. From the beginning, I didn't think I wanted to be there and I had heard from numerous people that it was my "bad luck" to be placed there. On the contrary, I've found the experience to be nothing short of wonderful and am quite sad that it all went so quickly. I feel as though I've grown professionally over the time I've been there, but also very much so individually. I described it to a friend as something that required me to really step out of my comfort zone and do something that was for and about me and not just something I did because all my friends were doing it. Now, of course my classmates (and friends) were also going through the same experience (and a few at AE even), it was the fact that once I was alone in the classroom with my students I found myself completely separated from everyone I knew. And wow, that sensation was absolutely liberating. My education program has been rather irritating to me lately, which I'm pretty sure is no secret, but I definitely found that being in the classroom with students and actually teaching is a very rewarding experience. I guess I'm just thrilled to be doing it.

Moving forward, it is now March. Frankly, this is beyond exciting. March has the potential to be a fantastic month. Watchmen comes out this weekend and I don't even have the words for that one yet. Its going to be beyond fantastic. But really, more importantly and to a more obsessive degree, the new Taking Back Sunday should be out later this month. I'm just going to be honest and warn anyone that has any plans of me being in their life from here on out...that album is probably going to consume me and my thoughts for the foreseeable future. Okay? Good.

I'm thinking about a lot of things that are present in my title yet I'm not going to blog about them. Fair enough? Okay bye.

1 comment:

rachael evelyn said...

:D i'm so glad that it's been a great experience! something like that would absolutely terrify me.